Senior Designer (space) | NY
Vital to our studio’s success, this person is closely involved with multiple projects, from conception to realization.
At Rapt, Senior Designers maintain a keen eye for detail while managing multiple designers and projects. They lead our designers and work closely with Team Leads and Design Directors to ensure a project’s success. We’re currently looking for someone who’s got the confidence and creativity required to be on the frontlines of our work.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture or Interior Design
- 8+ years of experience working at an architecture or design studio
- Proficiency with Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience working with project teams from design through construction
- Familiarity with project management, construction administration, budget review, building codes, consultant coordination, and client relations
- Experience with jurisdictional agencies and multi-disciplinary consultants
- Experience with commercial projects, including ground-up construction, core and shell repositioning, and creative workplace
- State licensure or pursuance of state licensure is encouraged
The ideal candidate is:
- A team player with a positive attitude who’s enthusiastic about tackling the unexpected and unknown
- A creative person with strong graphic, organizational, and communication skills
- A conceptual thinker who’s always seeking inspiration
- A confident decision-maker and risk-taker
- A leader who’s interested in mentoring younger design staff
What does Rapt Studio offer you?
We put great stock in our staff; everyone owns a piece of the entire business through our Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP). This ensures that our success is founded on solid teamwork, individual accomplishment, and serious work. We also provide all our staff with excellent offerings which include medical, dental, and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan (plus Rapt contribution), and a starting PTO policy of four weeks (20 total days).
Apply via the form here or by emailing your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to reference the position and studio location you are applying for in the subject line of the email. Please note, we cannot accept phone calls related to employment applications. If we find you to be a fit, we will reach out.