Director of Finance | SF
We work with clients across the globe, developing unique design solutions for space, branding, and strategy.
We’ve moved beyond the traditional modes of hourly rates and time-keeping to value-based pricing, and we need a Director of Finance to assist with new ways to model, price, and analyze services. The Director of Finance will report directly to the President and will partner with the leadership team to provide support.
What are we looking for?
We’re looking for someone with:
- An ability to creatively work within the legal limits of accounting and finance law, with an ability to review, present, and analyze multiple scenarios for improvement, implementation, and financing of options
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate with staff at all levels across our three locations
- Strong creative and problem-solving skills, as well as an ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate, timely analyses
- Continuously evaluate short and long-term strategic financial objectives
- Provide timely and accurate analyses of budgets, financial trends, and forecasts
- Advise on the impact of long-range planning as well as the introduction of new programs, strategies, and regulatory action
- Direct and oversee all aspects of the Finance & Accounting responsibilities of the organization
- Manage processes for financial forecasting, budgets and consolidation, and reporting to the company
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state, and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting
- Lead a team of in-house accountants, also based in San Francisco
Qualifications and Requirements:
- BS in Accounting or Finance; MBA and/or CPA highly desirable
- 10+ years in progressively responsible financial roles, preferably in a creative design services industry (including advertising, marketing/PR, digital, branding, or technology design agencies)
- Strong working knowledge of multiple platforms for accounting and financial analysis, like Concur, Deltek Vision, etc.
What does Rapt Studio offer you?
We put great stock in our staff. Everyone owns a piece of the business through our Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP), which ensures that our success is founded on individual accomplishment and solid teamwork. We provide a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, fertility benefits, and One Medical memberships for staff and their families. We offer unlimited PTO and a 401(k) plan with a Rapt contribution.
Please note that we can’t accept phone calls related to employment applications. If we find you to be a fit, we’ll reach out.